Thursday, May 21, 2009

"Deep, Intrusive conversations that girls love to have"...you know what I mean!

I have two groups of girl friends. One is the girls who lived in my hall freshman year. They know me better than anyone else at school. And they love me for who I am, as well as for who I pretend to be. My other group is less defined. My sisters, sorority sisters that is. You just judged me, I bet you ten dollars! Its ok, I judged them myself. Without going into too much detail, my sorority gave me something that I desired greatly: a large number of girls who would say hi to me around campus. Do you know what that gives a girl with low confidence and who worries about everything? I’ll tell ya, its security. It’s knowing that if all else fails in your life, there will be someone to pick you up, dust you off, and help you start over again. Also access to parties and booze, but not as importantly. I found my niche in my sorority, but my pledge class remained tight as a whole, which means that we all hang out together, in a large 24 person group. This makes it difficult to have those deep, intrusive conversations that girls love to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment