Thursday, May 21, 2009

Secrets, Secrets are no fun

The boy wanted to figure me out. I told him that I wanted him to leave me alone, that the conversations were stupid and circular. I was never going to give up my secret. My secret loathing of myself. My secret of low-esteem and shyness. My secret passion for travel, reading, languages, cultures, oddities. He would not leave me alone.
I am a huge fan of the chase. If there is no chase, it ain't gonna happen, sorry bucko. If the chase is weak, there's little hope. This one, he gave me a mighty chase. Went out with me twice, left me for another girl. Six months later sweeps me off my feet again, but only for me to say I don't want to label it. In my mind, once we're labelled, the chase is over. I am nothing without the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment